Friday, November 30, 2012

To Leave or Not to Leave

So, you've been offered a job that pays quite a bit more money than your current job?  Should you sail to the land of opportunity or throw down your anchor and hope you don't sink?  Well, as a Christian, I would say pray, pray, and then pray again.  I've been in this situation myself and didn't pray like I should have.  Well, let's just say the land of opportunity was a mirage, and I sank anyway.

Unfortunately, we hear the words "more money," and we automatically think "more happiness."  When we are struggling to support ourselves, it's even harder to resist the lie that more money will solve all our problems and somehow make us happier.  It's the lie that permeates every facet of our culture today.

I'm not against making money; it's a necessity of life.  If you can make great money doing something you like and are good at, that's wonderful.  However, when offered a new job, it's best to analyze why you are interested in it.  If your main reason is the bigger paycheck, you might realize it's best to throw down your anchor and stay a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment